Learn Korean language at Sejong Korean Language School (Singapore), the top rated Korean language school in Singapore! We are an MOE registered Korean Language Centre with headquarters located a minute’s walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station. We offer a range of Korean courses from basic for beginners to advance level classes. Learn to speak Korean language with our native Korean teachers who deliver systematic, structured yet fun and enjoyable Korean lessons!
Established by Native Korean Principal who has lived in Singapore for over 20 years
- Developed the “Sejong standard”: a systematic, structured and engaging teaching methods which all our teachers are trained in-house to meet. Our teaching methodologies are vouched for by thousands of students to be perfectly suited for Singaporean learners.
- Connects you with Korean language and culture by referencing local Singaporean examples and languages for easy and better understanding.
- Teachers speak excellent English, one of the largely forgotten but an extremely important factor when looking for good foreign language teachers, especially at the Beginners level.
Tailor-made Specialist Syllabus Developed and Curated In-house
- Rigorous Korean Language syllabus with a strong focus on conversation and with written aspects is closely aligned to TOPIK exam
- Custom-made specialist syllabus for Beginners to Intermediate levels, Seoul University textbook for Pre-Advance and Advance levels.
- Our in-house produced Beginners and Intermediate level course material covers more than the typical ‘Korean for foreigners’ textbooks and includes summaries, info-graphics and current references. In fact, many of our Pre-Advance and Advance level students who have moved on to the externally developed textbooks after using ours at the Beginners and Intermediate levels have been requesting that we start creating in-house textbooks for the higher levels as well.
- Extremely well-structured systematic presentation of information for your quick comprehension. Essential for our students, many of whom work or study full time and greatly appreciate effective and efficient learning avenues.
Sejong’s classrooms are named after famous Korean Kings, Queens, Generals, and Artisans. As part of their cultural education, Sejong students are encouraged to never neglect historic and cultural aspects of learning a language. Pictures and commentaries on these notable figures are pinned on Sejong’s Student Notice Boards, as well as outside classroom waiting areas. Teachers also share about Korea’s rich and colourful history with students in class, for a full appreciation of traditional Korean culture.
Sejong classroom’s interior designs all reflect a chic, modern and minimalist environment. We believe that a conducive learning space, though often overlooked, is one of the key aspects to robust learning. All of the classrooms are outfitted with glass whiteboards and are warm and clean-themed, to reinforce a motivating learning environment. The classrooms are tested for optimal audio and visual feedback, so that all students will be able to hear and see their teachers and the whiteboard clearly.
Our classroom philosophy is simple. The teachers use only the whiteboard, and spend the rest of the time interacting with students. Having tested use of audio-visual aids, we found that when it comes to effectively learning a foreign language, interaction and communication is the number 1 priority. Using projectors and powerpoints may seem fancy, but setting it up, dimming the lights and having everyone focus on the bright screen is purely for the rigid delivery of information. When we teach Korean, we encourage our teachers to speak to the students as much as possible and get our students to speak up in class. Teachers need the classroom to be lit in order to walk around the class watch the students mouth shapes and correct pronunciation as the students speak. We also want the class to be collaborative, allowing students freedom of creativity and direction in coming up with examples and sentences which teachers can transfer to the board and discuss together with the class. If powerpoint slides were prepared in advance, the direction of the class would have to stick to what was prepared, prohibiting collaborative class discussions. Instead of having everyone quiet and focused on the screen, we encourage students to talk as much as possible and build confidence in facing Korean speakers and speaking freely.
Our Headquarters is conveniently located at International Plaza in the Central Business District (CBD) of Singapore, right above Tanjong Pagar MRT Station. We hold classes open to public registration here, as well as hold corporate training for companies and organisations looking to train their staff in Korean language. For students with some background in Korean, you may book an appointment in our main office to take a placement test to see which level you can join. Our HQ also houses our training facilities for new teachers, the academic department’s staff room, and the administrative department’s offices.
Sejong also has a satellite campus at e2i Devan Nair Institute of Lifelong Learning (5 min walk from Jurong East MRT) where we conduct classes open for public registration. As our Jurong campus is smaller and is often fully booked, we only open classes for registration there every few months. Do drop us an email to find out when the next Jurong class will be!
Trademark Teaching Style and Quality Korean Language Teachers
- Sejong is the only Korean language school in Singapore that actively scouts for 100% of our teachers from the top universities in Korea. We have active partnerships with the biggest and best recruitment agencies in Korea as well as liaisons within the top Korean universities for direct hiring arrangements. Each recruitment round is highly competitive with each candidate carefully hand-picked via multiple rounds of shortlisting and recruitment.
- On hiring, we train all specially selected teachers from scratch for months to meet the Sejong Standard. It is our academic department’s staunch philosophy that teaching Korean is so much more than handing any Korean a Korean textbook and telling them what to cover in each lesson. The great reviews of Sejong you can find online endorse our school’s exemplary standard of teaching.
- All of our teachers are full timers with an unwavering passion and commitment to teaching Korean language. We do not hire part-time Koreans who simply teach Korean on the side for extra income. Our teachers prepare for each lesson intensively everyday in order to deliver the best possible lesson to each of their individual classes, adjusting the examples and practices used according to the ability of each class. They spend time marking each students work, providing useful and in-depth feedback on how you can improve. The academic department also commits the time to retrain and update teaching staff with new content and techniques to keep our courses relevant and interesting.
- All teachers are legitimately registered and have “permission to teach” letters from the MOE. This ensures that they have the proper qualifications to teach you Korean language as per MOE guidelines. We do not hire “ad hoc” Korean language teachers without proper certification, academic qualifications, and employment arrangements.
Dedicated Administrative Support
- Most of our students are busy working professionals or full time students. Although many have the heart to pick up Korean language, it is hard to fit a new commitment into an already busy schedule. This is why Sejong’s administration provides several makeup lesson options for all our students ensuring that they are able to catch up with their class even when a holiday, business meeting, or school examination week disrupts their lessons for a week or two. Being the biggest Korean language school in Singapore, we are able to provide an extensive range of makeup class options for students who are not able to make it to their original class. If all options available are still unsuitable, students have a further option of arranging private catch up classes with our teachers arranged to suit their own time and schedule so that they do not miss out on too much syllabus.
- Our admin support staff are all passionate about Korean language and knowledgable about Korean language certifications too! Students are free to speak to any of our managers or front desk staff for advise ranging from applying for TOPIK test (the International Proficiency Certification for Korean Language), applying to Korean universities or companies, or even recommendations for the best Korean BBQ in Singapore!