Our students, though devoted to learning Korean language, are as busy as we are!
Here’s some quick guidelines and tips to booking makeup lessons for when you have to miss class:
Availability of Free-Of-Charge Makeup Lessons
- Available to classes *within an intake only
- Subject to seat availability, booked on a first come basis, subject to the guiding limit of 3 makeup lesson bookings via your student portal per student per term (though if you require more and we have space, we’ll be happy to book you in from our end – please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The main idea of going for a makeup lesson is to go for the same lesson number that you will be missing/ had missed. A gentle note that students are only allowed to attend each lesson once.
- Our lessons are progressional. If possible, students are encouraged to arrange for makeup lessons as close to their original lesson date, so as to incur minimal disruption to their syllabus progression.
- When you make a makeup lesson arrangement for a lesson that you will be missing (e.g. makeup for your class’s lesson 2 with a lesson 2 of another class), you should be covering the part of the syllabus that you missed / will be missing in your original class. However, we do ask for your understanding if the pace of other classes is not exactly the same as your original class, as teachers have to make adjustments sometimes depending on the pace of different classes.
*An Intake: Most of our classes are within an intake. An intake is a group of classes that starts at the same level around the same time (usually classes that start together in the same month). We reserve 2 – 3 seats in every class in an intake for makeup lesson students. Whenever you have plans, you may access your intake timetable via your student portal to check for seat availability in the other classes in your intake for the same lesson number you are missing. For example, if you know you are going to miss your lesson 2, look out for the date, time, campus, mode of learning (online / on-campus), and seat availability of the other classes in your intake and book a seat in a class that suits your schedule 🙂
!!! [IMPORTANT] If your class is the last class in the intake, kindly be reminded that you will always need to make advance makeup lesson arrangements for lessons you will be missing. As your class is the last class to conduct a particular lesson number (e.g. last class in the intake cycle to conduct lesson 2), there will be no more lesson 2 that will be conducted after your original class should you miss class on the day itself for example. Do keep updated of the intake’s schedule via your student portal to check on the order of your class within the intake. If you were to fall ill on the day itself, fret not! Our admin staff will be able to guide you through which grammar was covered on that day, and your teacher will be on standby to help you with questions or clarifications at your next lesson.
Ad Hoc Makeup Lessons (Chargeable)
If you have missed one lesson and are unable to arrange for an FOC makeup lesson, you may contact us to find out what syllabus was covered in the lesson you missed / will be missing and see if you’ll be able to manage self studying.
Alternatively, students may consider booking a paid ad-hoc class if:
- you are unable to make it or secure a booking for the FOC Makeup Lessons;
- you class is not within an intake / there are no FOC Makeup options for your class;
- you would like extra classes for revision;
- you are missing multiple classes and would like to be able to book an ad hoc class to catch up or cover all the syllabus at one go (e.g. we can request to the teacher to run through the content of up to 3 missed classes with a 2h ad hoc class booking)
- you are missing a single lesson, are not able to book an FOC makeup lesson, and would prefer to have a teacher go through the syllabus with you over self studying
Structure of ad-hoc classes:
- a one-time class (booked on an ad-hoc basis specially for active students of the school only (currently attending an on-going course in the school)
1 student: 1 teacher (or if with friends may be multiple students to 1 teacher ratio) private tutoring session with one of our teachers to go through specific syllabus as required by individual students
- ad hoc classes are chargeable, and the rates are as follows:
- 1 Student : 1 Teacher
[1.5 hour booking] $50.00 + GST
[2 hour booking] $60.00 + GST
- Multiple Students : 1 Teacher
[1.5 hour booking] $35.00 per student + GST
[2 hour booking] $40.00 per student + GST
*please note that for multiple students in the class, students will need to come to a consensus of the syllabus to be covered in the ad hoc lesson. E.g. both students are in the same class, and have missed or will be missing the same lessons (e.g. Beginners 1 Term 1 lesson 3 & 4)
- 1 Student : 1 Teacher
- usually available on weekday afternoons, between 2pm – 5pm only. Booking requests for weekday evenings / weekends are subject to availability, but are usually unavailable as most of our teachers are teaching their regular classes at those timings.
- Please note: Booking availabilities for ad hoc classes are usually quite full, so we strongly encourage students to go for FOC makeup classes if they are able to do so, or make arrangements for booking of ad hoc classes at least 2 – 3 weeks in advance.
Please write in to our administration at email@example.com if you would like to arrange an ad hoc class booking. Do let us know the lessons you would like covered, and your preferred dates if any.