Claim SkillsFuture Credit on SKLS Courses
Selected SKLS Korean Language Courses have been approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) for SkillsFuture Credit!
Students may claim SkillsFuture Credit for eligible SKLS courses on or after 1st December 2016.
From 18th May 2017, SSG has discontinued the option to refund to individual.
All claims made will be paid out from SSG to the school directly.
Here are some simple steps on how to make your SkillsFuture claim under the new process:
Step 1: Register for any SF-approved SKLS course online immediately
Certain courses on our website are approved for SkillsFuture Credit.
The courses on our courses page with the following icon are SkillsFuture eligible.
Students will need to place a $100 downpayment toward the course when registering online in order to reserve a seat for the course. This amount can be refunded to you at a later stage when your SkillsFuture Claim is approved.
Step 2: Request for an invoice
- On successful registration, you will receive a registration confirmation email (for web registrations) or hardcopy (for walk-in / in-person registrations).
- Please forward the registration confirmation email to email@example.com letting us know of your intent to claim from your SkillsFuture credit, and how much credit you would like to use. We will provide you with an invoice for the course.
Step 3: Make your claim on www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg
Image from: https://www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg/content/portal/en/index.html
- Log-in to your SkillsFuture account with your SingPass.
- Input the Course Start Date, and enter your payment details:
- Input the amount of course fees (refer to invoice)
- Input the amount of credit you wish to claim from SkillsFuture. You may claim the full amount of course fees as long as you have sufficient credit in your SkillsFuture account. Alternatively, you may choose to claim only a specific amount from your SkillsFuture account.
- Upload a copy of your official SKLS invoice for your chosen course, check the declaration boxes and submit your claim.
- Do remember to print or save a copy of the submission acknowledgement page for your future reference.
- Please remember to print screen your claim submission and forward to us via email.
- Kindly remember to make your claim at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course start date in order to get your $100.00 downpayment refunded to you by the end of your course term. A gentle note that students who do not make their claim at least 2 weeks prior to their commencement of the course may not be able to get their $100.00 downpayment refunded by the end of the term.
- Important!: The latest that a student may make a claim on the SkillsFuture portal for a commencing course would be by 11:59pm on the day of the course commencement itself. Past the course start date, SSG will not approve any attempted claims made.
Commencing your SKLS course
- Let us know that you have made your SkillsFuture Claim online by sending us the screenshot of your acknowledgement page via email.
- On the day of your class, please come to our school counter 10 – 15 minutes early on your first day of class to make payment of remainder school fees (if you did not claim the full course amount from your SkillsFuture Credit, and collect your course materials.
- You will receive an official receipt for course fees paid from our school counter.
Step 4: Refunds for students who have made SkillsFuture claims
- SKLS will refund any school fees paid to us directly that has since been covered by approved SkillsFuture Claims.
- We will issue refunds in cash to students from Week 8 of their course onwards. Our front desk will send an email out to applicable students on when they may come to the counter to collect their refunds. Please do expect some delays as claims are processed in batches. Your patience is appreciated!
Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for SkillsFuture Credit before proceeding.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 8688 8803 during our opening hours if you have any questions or require any help.